Transform your stresses into strengths through
- Stress management
- Meditation instruction
- Clarification of life goals
- Creativity enhancement
- Mind/body awareness
- Emotional release
- Self soothing
- Wellness focus
Develop a sense of calm and self efficacy as you find a clearer connection to your inner strengths, as you become strongly embodied in who you are even when facing grief and loss. Through a personal growth process, you can gain confidence in using your capacities to handle daily challenges and stresses in a grounded way.
Your spontaneous joy in everyday living evolves from this inner journey and can bring you to a place of ease and grace, and to a strength of character that contributes to resilience in the face of change. Remember who you really are.
The stress response is the body’s innate ability to help us survive in difficult or challenging times. In emergencies it works for us. Our bodies produce chemical that activate our bodies to react with more energy. When the events create a long term response however, it takes a toll on our physical and emotional health. It is important to be able to discern between when an event is a mere annoyance or irritation and when it is truly catastrophic or life threatening.
The development of resilience and recovery after stressful and difficult challenges in life, after grief, loss, or transitions involves understanding the difference between:
- the acceptance and rejection of thoughts and feelings
- living with awareness and living on auto pilot
- approaching life’s challenges and avoiding them
- comfort and contentment
The human system is built to recover physically, emotionally and cognitively from difficult and painful experiences. A willingness to begin or engage in a process of growth is the first step in recovering. The process of change begins with a decision to do so. Make mistakes. I encourage you to do so. It means you are trying. In the process of allowing yourself to fail, while continuing to support yourself, you can hone in on what actually works for you. The lessons of those experiences are an invaluable part of transforming your life. Discomfort of all kinds can be a calling to look deeper inside and find a truer connection to your authentic self.
Asking the right question or challenging the patterns of old behaviors promotes awareness and the growth process. If not, habits can become a loop that keep you stuck in a cue, behavior, reward pattern that is very difficult to escape. New behaviors that will help to propel you in a new direction, into possibilities beyond the usual and familiar can be learned through
- doing something differently than you have done before
- disengaging from ineffective behaviors while identifying cues to the old behavior
- and asking yourself “is this behavior working for me?”.
A well crafted intention based on your personal values creates movement and direction in your life. A clear direction assists you in getting back on track after losing your way through the distractions of pain or pleasure. A clear intention, acting as a light in the darkness, keeps you moving forward even when pulled towards stagnation, feeling overwhelmed or discouraged.
The outcome of taking a new direction is contentment, increased vitality, resting in a place of joy and happiness. From this place it is possible to make decisions with clarity, focus and ease, facing fears one step at a time. When you hold the intention of healing yourself and the world daily you can breakthrough to a new life.
New behavior patterns can be learned and developed with practice. One can choose new patterns and focus on learning the skills needed to use them effectively. Some new skills take more time than others to integrate. Patterns of resisting change are an integral part of the process. Examples are
- beating yourself up
- pressuring yourself
- self sabotage
You can learn to support yourself in the process of transforming.
When stressful situations occur you may find yourself asking if I should try to control the external variables or try to accept what’s happening and shift my thinking? This can be unclear and confusing. A change of view or attitude can be a productive alternative when problem solving is not an option.
“As you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” W. Dyer
Acceptance is a skill. Instead of rejecting or pushing away feelings, thoughts, or memories, you can learn to develop a stance of acceptance and face your experience. With an acceptance attitude, you can access an internal anchor and ground into something deeper and more solid inside. When you anchor in this place, you know that you can face what comes up in life.
When you ground in your authentic self you can support yourself to do your best. You learn to process internal emotional reactions as they occur rather than act them out. This is a strong place to stand when things appear to be falling apart, changing rapidly or feel overwhelming. You can get comfortable with being uncomfortable and seeing this discomfort as part of the growth process.
One can learn to become a strong source of self support and compassion through challenging times. More positive mental habits in the face of stress are crucial to maintaining confidence in oneself, others and life. Our attitudes and how we perceive the world, others and ourselves either contribute to anguish and depression or to resilience and happiness.
Toxic patterns of thought include:
- disregarding experience
- other criticism
- self criticism
- talking oneself out of taking risks that could be helpful
More positive patterns of responding to challenges include:
- orienting the thoughts towards experiencing rather than analyzing
- enjoying what is happening
- saying yes to current circumstances and emotional responses
- being satisfied with the progress being made in personal endeavors
- self compassion
- encouraging the self to risk positive possibilities
- kindness to the self when overwhelmed or struggling with a sense of failure
- comforting and reassuring yourself when experiencing painful emotions
- viewing yourself as part of the whole rather than separate from humanity
- see change as a challenge
- threat minimization
- non judgmental self perceptions about thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
In a caring environment, I facilitate your emotional, mental, physical, spiritual healing and creative healing. I will support you in becoming the best you can be. How would your life be different a year from now if you began to focus on yourself ? You can
- reconnect with yourself and with others while improving the quality of your life
- rediscover your healing abilities as we work together to develop ways to harmonize the elements of your life
- feel empowered in your work, career, relationships and during transitions
- develop daily habits that enhance your day and your life and provide meaningful connections
- grow through adversity
- develop curiosity about what is happening in your feelings, body, thoughts, and behaviors so that you can work, align, and reconnect to the implicit self
- become the source of safety, love, and validation for yourself and free yourself from the trap of people pleasing or defensiveness
- learn to set boundaries in a way that creates safety in your life
- align with and live your dreams while you heal yourself and others in the process.
“Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.” ~ Satchel Paige
With clarity, compassion, and creativity, I work with you to rediscover your true self and live by your higher purpose.
Request an appointment for help to promote personal growth and development HERE
“On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.” -Friedrich Nietzsche